The 9 Best Stemless Wine Glasses, According to Thousands of Reviews
Even though stemmed wine glasses might seem like the obvious choice when shopping for glassware, stemless wine glasses are much more versatile. They're easy to hold, more durable, and less prone to tipping over or breaking while handwashing. Plus, there are stemless wine glasses that work for nearly every occasion and every type of wine.
Since there are so many different types of wine glasses on the market, we scoured the internet to find the stemless options customers can't stop raving about. From a universal tumbler to stemless champagne flutes, these stemless wine glasses have thousands of five-star ratings between them all—and there are bound to be plenty of options that meet your needs.
These are the best stemless wine glasses in 2021:
- Best Overall: Schott Zwiesel Universal Stemless Wine Glasses
- Best Value: Libbey Stemless Wine Glass Party Set
- Best for White Wine: Riedel O Wine Tumbler
- Best for Red Wine: Schott Zwiesel Stemless Wine Glass
- Best for Champagne: Riedel O Stemless Champagne Glasses
- Most Unique: Dragon Glassware Stemless Wine Glasses
- Best Crystal: Waterford Elegance Stemless Wine Glasses
- Best Insulated: BrüMate Uncork'd XL Wine Glass Tumbler
- Best Disposable: Prestee Stemless Plastic Champagne Flutes
Since aromas are such an important part of the wine-drinking experience, Joel Gott, founder of Joel Gott Wines, recommends looking for different-sized glasses based on your preferences. Red wine drinkers should opt for glasses with wider bowls because they give full-bodied wines more room to aerate, while people who prefer whites should look for glasses with narrow bowls, which helps prevent the wine from "losing any of the flavor details," Gott previously told Food & Wine.
Don't stress if you can't choose between reds and whites, because the most important thing is that you pick a stemless wine glass that you actually enjoy drinking from. If you're looking for a more versatile option, you can choose universal stemless wine glasses (like this set from Schott Zwiesel) that can be used for red, white, and even rosé wines. There's even a stemless wine glass set from Libbey that comes with different-shaped glasses for reds and whites, so you can have both types on hand without spending a fortune.
Keep reading to learn more about the best stemless wine glasses from top-rated brands like Riedel and Waterford.